TU-Nachwuchsring Mobility Funding
Several times a year Ph.D. students, postdocs, junior research group leaders, junior professors and tenure-track professors can apply for funding supporting conference travels and research stays (max. 2000€ per person in a year).
In case of the approval of the funding, the TU-Nachwuchsring will cover a portion of conference travel expenses and participation fees. Active conference participation (i.e. giving a talk or presenting a poster) will preferably be funded.
The call for applications for the next round of mobility funding can be found from 15.07.2022 on this page.
Deadline for applications is August 1st, 2022.
Outlook: Mobility Funding 2022
For 2022, four rounds of mobility funding are currently planned: "February", "May", "August" and "November".
Here you will find the most important dates for mobility funding 2022. Please note that the timetable may change at some point. If you are unsure in which funding round you should submit your application at the latest, please contact us and we will be happy to advise you.
|Funding Round||Announcement call for applications*||Deadline For Submission of applications*||Earliest possible start of the journey*|
*planned (We reserve the right to make minor changes and modifications to the schedule!)
Support for the costs of individual childcare as a complementary measure to mobility funding
The TU-Nachwuchsring wants to support young scientists with children to participate in national and international congresses and conferences and external research stays. In this context, the TU-Nachwuchsring offers the option of a partial reimbursement of costs for individual childcare, which can be applied for as a complementary measure within mobility funding. Please contact us if you are interested.
Check list for your application for mobility funding:
1. Please use exclusively our request form and orientate yourselves always by the current call for announcement!
2. Please summarise all application documents into one single file (PDF).
Before you send off your application, please check whether all important information and documents are included:
3. Which event are you planning to attend (place, period) and why (What is your motivation? Which added value does the conference have for your research and the university?)
4. For youg researchers with a PhD: Are you an individual member of the TU Nachwuchsring?
5. Are you going to be active (e.g. poster presentation or talk) or passive participant?
6. Have you attached your short scientific CV?
7. Have you attached a tabular cost plan with offers or receipts (flight prices, road prices, participation fees etc. ) as well as an official announcement of the event?
8. Are the planned itinerary and cost plan comprehensible?
9. Have you enclosed the confirmation of your chairholder regarding travel expenses (and your doctoral status) as well as a proof of acceptance of your contribution?
10. Regarding research stays: Is a letter of invitation of the host research organization enclosed?
You find further details in the request form and the current call for applications. Both is published approx. 2 weeks before the next funding round on this side.
Download application documents
Your application has been approved?
Here you can find further information and forms of the HA3 regarding business trips and reimbursement of travel expenses.